1. The Information that we process and collect
Some of our Site's functionality can be used without submission of any of your personal information, however, for features or services related to the courses, submission of personal information is required. We gather the following information about users through the site:
· Non-Personal Information. If You do not use these specific features or services on the Site, then the only information we collect will be “Non-Personal Information” (i.e., information that cannot be used to identify You). Non-Personal Information includes information such as the web pages that you have viewed. When Users come to our Site, we may track, collect and aggregate Non-Personal Information indicating, among other things, which pages of our Site were visited, the order in which they were visited, when they were visited, and which hyperlinks were “clicked.” We also collect information from the URLs from which You linked to our Site. Collecting such information may involve logging a part of the IP address, operating system and browser software used by each User of the Site.
· Personally Identifiable Information. In order to access certain features and benefits on our Site, You may need to submit "Personally Identifiable Information" (i.e., information that can be used to identify You). Personally Identifiable Information can include information such as your name and email address, among other things. You are responsible for ensuring the accuracy of the Personally Identifiable Information you submit to Elevate. Inaccurate information may affect your ability to use the Site, the information you receive when using the Site, and our ability to contact you. For example, your email address should be kept current because that is one of the primary manners in which we communicate with you.
We collect Personally Identifiable Information that you provide to us when you sign-up for email updates or our courses, participate in our public forums, send Us email messages, and/or participate in our courses or other services on our site. Among other things, we may use the Personally Identifiable Information that You provide to respond to Your questions, provide you the specific course and/or services You select, send You updates about Courses offered by Elevate or other Elevate events, and send You email messages about Site maintenance or updates, among other things.
o Updates. Elevate may offer you the ability to receive updates either via email or by posting on portions of the Site only accessible to registered users. In order to subscribe to these services, You may be required to provide Us with Personally Identifiable Information such as Your name and email address.
o Participation in Courses. From time to time, Elevate may offer You the opportunity to participate in a Course on or through the Site. If You desire to participate in a Course, You will be asked to provide Us with certain information necessary to conduct such a Course. This information may include, among other things, Your name and email address.
o Communications with Elevate. We may receive Personally Identifiable Information when You send Us an email message or otherwise contact us.
You should be able to control how and whether cookies will be accepted by your web browser. Most browsers offer instructions on how to reset the browser to reject cookies in the "Help" section of the toolbar. If you reject our cookies, many functions and conveniences of the Site may not work properly.
2. How and why we use the Information
Please take some time to familiarize yourself with the different ways Elevate uses the information that we gather:
· Non-Personal Information. We use Non-Personal Information in aggregate form to build higher quality, more useful services by performing, but not limited to, statistical analyses of the collective characteristics, behavior of our Users, and by measuring demographics and interests regarding specific areas of our Site. We may also use it for other business or scientific purposes.
o Updates. We use Personally Identifiable Information collected when you sign-up for our various email or update services to send you the messages in connection with the Site or an Online Course. We may also archive this information and/or use it for future communications with you.
o Participation in Courses. We use the Personally Identifiable Information that we collect from you when you participate in a Course through the Site for processing purposes, including but not limited to tracking attendance, progress and completion of a Course. We may also share your Personally Identifiable Information and your performance in a given Course with the instructor or instructors who taught the Course, with teaching assistants or other individuals designated by the instructor or instructors to assist with the creation, modification or operation of the Course, and with the institution or institutions with which they are affiliated. Also, we may archive this information and/or use it for future communications with you.
Elevate does not sell e-mail addresses or other general information that you provide in the registration process to other parties.
3. How long do we keep your personal data
We will not retain your personal data for longer:
· than is strictly necessary to achieve the purposes for which your data is collected
· than is legally permitted
4. What you consent to by using our site
You provide consent to Elevate to process Your personal information for the purpose of the Course and to transfer Your personal data to third parties that play a crucial role in the educational process, like institutes that organize the face-to-face part of the Course (in the event of a blended learning Course), accreditation authorities, examination authorities, professional registers (for the registration of your having successfully completed the Course) and proctors.
If you do not agree with these terms, then please do not provide any Personally Identifiable Information to us. If You refuse or withdraw Your consent, or if You choose not to provide Us with any required Personally Identifiable Information, we may not be able to provide You with the services that can be offered on our Site.
5. External Links
6. Confidentiality & Security of Personally Identifiable Information
Elevate takes reasonable measures to protect Your Personally Identifiable Information from disclosure to or access by third parties.
Elevate may disclose Your personally identifiable information if it believes in good faith that it is required to do so in order to comply with applicable law, a subpoena or other legal process. Elevate may also disclose this information if it has reason to believe that disclosing this information is necessary to identify, contact or bring legal action against someone who may be violating this Agreement or to protect the safety of Users and the public.
8. Changing or Deleting Personal Information
Please be informed that Elevate shall provide the right to access to any of Your Personally Identifiable Information and the right to request an update or rectification of Your Personally Identifiable Information. If you are a registered user of the Site, you may access, update, correct, or delete the information you provided to us by e-mailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that while any changes you make will be reflected in active user databases within a reasonable period of time, we may retain all information you submit for backups, archiving, prevention of fraud and abuse, analytics, satisfaction of legal obligations, or where we otherwise reasonably believe that we have a legitimate reason to do so.
If at any time you would like to contact Us for such request or any other enquiry about the protection of Your Personal Information, you can do so by sending an e-mail to email@example.com.