Different aspects of donkey health
Would you like to get a more thorough impression of the former edition of Donkey Health? Read ins and outs!
At the end of the Donkey Health course, you will be able to:
- Recognize normal and abnormal donkey behavior
- Interpret the findings of a physical examination of a donkey
- Recognize and manage pain in donkeys
- Describe the most common parasites (and their symptoms) in donkeys
In particular, you will be able to:
- Interpret the relevant parameters of blood examination
- Calculate a normal diet for a donkey
- Describe the most common causes of lameness in donkeys
- Describe an anesthetic protocol for donkeys
- Donkey Health: General, Behavior & Examination
- Nutrition and Endocrinology (including hyperlipidemia)
- Locomotion (including hoof care)
- Anesthesiology, Analgesia & Pharmacology
- Infectious Diseases
The whole course will take place online. The following learning methods will be used:
- Audio-visual and reading material
- Online discussions and quizzes for reflection
- Exercises, group work
- Individual assignments
To successfully complete this course, you need to participate actively in the discussion forums and complete the learning unit assignments, including:
- an individual assignment
- a small research project in group form
As Donkey Health is a university course, it is covered by academic accreditation. Upon successful completion of this course, you will receive a recognized certificate from Utrecht University.
Donkey Health has been accredited by the Dutch Royal Veterinary Association (KNMvD, GGP) with 15 credits.
To enrol in this course, you need:
- At least a BSc/undergraduate degree in Veterinary Medicine
- Sufficient proficiency in English reading and writing
As this is an online course, you do need access to an internet connection in order to be able to follow lectures, complete assignments and communicate with fellow participants.