BAL in the work-up of interstitial lung diseases
The educational aim of this online medical course is to learn about the potential practical value and clinical utility of cellular BAL fluid analysis in the routine management and care of patients with diffuse interstitial lung diseases (ild), by:
- offering guidelines to facilitate appropriate interpretation of cellular BAL fluid analysis results
- providing information regarding the clinical utility of cellular BAL fluid analysis to establish or ruling out a certain diagnosis
- discussing more or less disease specific features and limitations of BAL fluid analysis in the work-up
After completing the course, you will be able to apply this knowledge into daily clinical practice and patient management.
- Cells usually not present in BAL fluid
- BAL fluid cytology
- Introduction to bronchoalveolar lavage (BAL)
- Diagnostic value of BAL fluid cellular profile and interpretation in interstitial lung diseases (ild)
- Diagnostic value of BAL fluid in infectious respiratory disorders
The whole course will take place online. The following learning methods will be used:
- Web lectures
- Reading articles
- Formative and summative assessments
To finish this course successfully, you need to complete all learning activities, including the assessments. You should achieve a total score of at least 75%.
To participate and follow this course, you need:
- A Medical Doctor (MD) degree
- Sufficient proficiency in English reading and writing
As the course entitled: ‘BAL in the work-up of interstitial lung diseases’ is an online course, you do need access to an internet connection in order to be able to follow lectures and complete assignments.